Griffen Flask Shaker
Minimum Order Quantity: 1 Piece
|Dimension||300 W x 300 D x 380 H mm|
|Clamps||Brass Clamps - Chrome Plated, SS Clamp (optional)|
|Timer||1 - 9999 minutes|
|Display||16 x 2 LCD Sisplay|
|Shaking Speed||250 RPM|
|Country of Origin||Made in India|
A wrist action shaker is a laboratory instrument designed for the gentle and consistent agitation of samples contained in vessels like Erlenmeyer flasks, beakers, or test tubes. It is named for its characteristic shaking motion, which resembles the movement of a human wrist. Here's a brief description:
1. Shaking Mechanism:
- A wrist action shaker consists of a platform or tray that can securely hold various types and sizes of laboratory vessels.
- It is equipped with a mechanical or motorized mechanism that imparts a gentle, back-and-forth shaking motion to the platform, mimicking the natural movement of a human wrist.
- Wrist action shakers are commonly used in laboratories for applications that require mild mixing or agitation without the risk of sample damage or foaming.
- They are ideal for tasks such as re-suspending solids, dissolving powders, or conducting low-speed biological or chemical reactions.
3. Speed Control:
- Most wrist action shakers offer variable speed control, allowing users to adjust the shaking speed to suit the specific requirements of their experiments.
- The ability to fine-tune the shaking speed ensures gentle but effective mixing.
4. Compact and Portable:
- These shakers are typically compact and portable, making them suitable for small laboratory spaces or for researchers who need to move them between workstations.
5. Ease of Use:
- Wrist action shakers are user-friendly and straightforward to operate. They often have a simple control panel with speed dials or buttons.
- While wrist action shakers are not designed for high-speed or vigorous agitation, they are versatile instruments that find utility in a wide range of laboratory settings, including biology, chemistry, and sample preparation.
7. Sample Protection:
- The gentle shaking action minimizes the risk of sample damage, ensuring the integrity of sensitive materials during agitation.
In summary, a wrist action shaker is a valuable tool in laboratory settings where gentle and controlled sample agitation is required. Its ability to provide consistent, low-speed shaking makes it suitable for various applications, contributing to the efficiency and accuracy of scientific experiments and processes.